DMCA Protected

DMCA.com ALL contents herein have full copyright protection - word, image, sound. That means NO ONE is to copy, quote, take, download anything here without my permission. Since so far no one has asked for my permission that means if you see a photo elsewhere, like on a website, it's been stolen.

Blogs

Saturday, October 10, 2015

The sixth extinction

I became almost completely convinced of this a few years ago.  This is part of why I travel in a limited way to a few places.  Nowhere near the widely travelled.  Like my younger sister who's hiked in the outback in Australia, lived for a month in a tent in the Tsanga Tsanga National Forest in the Central African Republic where "ants rule," lived for a month in a tent on a high plain in Bolia where the cows came to check out her tent, drove across the U.S., camping in one National Park after another, from east to west. 
To experience places, peoples, views.
One of my goals is to experience the Canadian Rockies by rail.
For some years, I've whispered to myself that I look forward to the idea of collapse. As the pollution or capitalism and the rushed behaviour of those colonized by it are just too, too much. Plus the many problems and psychic assaults of living in the U.D. with its many delusions/illusions.
I go hiking in a woods nearby whenever I can.

Tipping Points and the Question of Civilizational Survival

Human Extinction by 2030

Going Dark

The return of the wolves

Wolves of Yellowstone Park

Lobster population is shifting north

No comments: