DMCA Protected

DMCA.com ALL contents herein have full copyright protection - word, image, sound. That means NO ONE is to copy, quote, take, download anything here without my permission. Since so far no one has asked for my permission that means if you see a photo elsewhere, like on a website, it's been stolen.

Blogs

Monday, March 31, 2014

Newish solar panel array at McRey Farm

McRey Farm - specializing in grass fed meats - for details, check their website at the link behind their name to the left of these words - is in the Town of Maine in Broome County, NYS, on Route 26 north
about a mile before the town line with Glen Aubrey.  It was a bit difficult to find but thankfully traffic was almost non-existent. Their driveway is a mile long and of packed dirt and rocks! on top of a hill with views all around.  I was there today to get some sorely needed meaty beef bones and ground beef.  The farm's not organic but their cows are grass-fed.  You can see they have acres and acres of pasture.
I love the look of their black cows with a wide white belt around their middle
Check their website at the link under their name at the start of this blog post above for a look. Plus this photo taken in August 2009 when I visited there on a farm tour.
I shook hands with Carol McRey and met the two giant dogs, part Bernese Mountain dog and something else.  The something else part made them less shaggy and with legs with much less hair.  Still good looking.
Carol told me, in response to my query re the lack of a sign at the road that the town told them the sign could be no larger than a political sign!  You would think they would want to help promote a local business.
The dogs are really friendly canines but so heavy they could easily knock you over.  As I was leaving her house with my stash of packages of deep frozen beef to get into my car, one of them was guarding it or waiting for me right beside a rear wheel where I definitely could not miss seeing him/her, because I reached down, gave him/her a pet on the head and a scratch under the chin at which s/he rolled over, legs in the air as if to say "scratch my belly, pretty puhleese!"  LOL.

But what really knocked me over was their triple solar array!

No comments: